Comparative Test: 9 ink All-in-Ones up to 200 Euros: Multifunction at low cost
If you don´t want to spent more than 200 Euros for your new ink All-in-One, continue reading. DC takes a close look at nine ink AIOs and tells you all about it.
All AIOs presented can print, copy, scan, fax, and read memory cards. The latter copy your digicam-pictures to your PC, or send them to your printer for immediate print-outs.
The following AIOs are in our test
- Brother DCP-J515W for approx. 150 Euros
- Brother MFC-J615W for approx. 200 Euros, with fax and ADF*1
- Canon Pixma MG5150 for approx. 120 Euros, with duplex-unit and 2 paper trays
- Canon Pixma MG5250 for approx. 170 Euros, same as MG5150, but additional CD-print
- Epson Stylus Office BX525WD for approx. 130 Euros, with duplex-unit
- Epson Stylus SX620FW for approx. 180 Euros, with fax and ADF
- HP Officejet 6500A E710a for approx. 150 Euros, with touchscreen, fax, and ADF
- HP Photosmart Plus B210a for approx. 150 Euros, with big touchscreen
- Lexmark Prospect Pro205 for approx. 180 Euros, with fax, duplex-unit, and ADF
Black seems to be a popular color these days, since most of the AIOs in this test have shiny black plastic surfaces, attractive for fingerprints, scratches, and dust.
All AIOs in this test have a display, all HPs even a touchscreen. Handling is plain-vanilla, only the Epsons demand some familiarization, but this should be irrelevant for a purchasing decision.
A reason to buy: Low cost of print
You are well advised to check out printing cost prior to purchase. In our test printing costs vary by 300 percent. Read all the details on that here: "Cost of print".
DC bottom line
Canon has always been among the front runners in previous comparative tests. Current AIOs (MG5150 and MG5250) print amazing photos, are well equipped, easy to handle, and comparatively cheap to buy. But printing costs have risen considerably by now, and that´s an out for an excellent rating.
The winner is Epson Stylus Office SX620FW, due to fair cost of printing, a good outfit, and high printing speed. Quality of photo printing meets only low-end demands, however.
If quality of print is important for you, take a good look at HPs Officejet 6500A E710a. This AIO prints fast, has acceptable costs of printing, and rewards you with nice-looking photos.
And this could be interesting, too: "That´s annoying". Here we describe in detail what bugs we detected and what problems manufacturers left for you to solve.
Feel free to tell us what you miss, like, or dislike in this test. Klick this link "Meine Meinung zu diesem Artikel" (My opinion). We´ll answer ASAP, in English or German.