Clues and Knowhow: Office Paper: Knowhow 1: Demands on Quality of Office Paper
High quality office papers for laser printers should have the following features:
- Minimum curling: Under exposure to pressure and high temperatures the sheet should not curl.
- High stiffness: On its complex alley through the printer the sheet must not expand or form waves
- Good cutting quality: No burr at the cutting edges
- Little remnant charge: Electrostatic charge due to friction lets sheets adhere to each other. This can cause paper jams.
- Opacity: The sheet must be sufficiently optically opaque. When printing double-sided, one side must not shown through onto the other.
Rules for Ink printing:
- No waviness: If you cover a full sheet with ink, unapt papers have a tendency to roll and get wavy even after drying.
- Rapid drying time: Ink printers are getting faster all the time. But the printer must emit the sheet dry enough not to smudge the one it gave out before.