Printercomparsion: Ink versus Laser Printers: Fairy tales: Color lasers print cheaper
It´s a common opinion, that laser print is cheaper than with ink. This isn´t the case very often, as DC has proven again and again in numerous tests.
Same thing with this comparative test of HP´s Officejet Pro K5400n and Samsung´s CLP-300.
DC´s calculator of printing costs (www.druckkosten.de), which computes costs based on the manufacturers data (effective reach of ink/toner), attests HP´s ink printer considerable lower cost of print than Samsung´s laser printer. A comparison in DC´s test of cost of print shows, that running costs of HP´s printer are considerably lower as well.
Florian Heise doesn´t care, what printer he is using: Laser or ink. In a bustling office it is important to get your prints fast, that costs are low, and printer faults are few.
If you are looking for a reliable printer for the small office or home office, you should have in mind your checklist:
- Is it a network printer?
- Is paper capacity sufficient?
- Are there optional paper trays?
- Can the printer print on all media you use (copy paper, glossy paper, transpary foils, envelopes, heavy paper etc.)?
- Is print speed sufficient?
- What´s the energy consumption (Look for the „Energy Star)?